Sunday, December 18, 2011

OPULENT OAT, APPLE, WALNUT CAKE

I just tried out this recipe I made up in my head while I was having visions of sugar plums last night.  I hope SOMEONE likes it.  If you do, please, please let me know.  I'm desperate for attention.

GARDENBEAR

Preheat oven to 375.
Oil and dust a bundt pan.

Mix Dry Ingredients:

1 C whole wheat pastry flour
I C rolled oats
1 C light brown sugar (not packed)
1/2 C chopped walnuts
1/2 C shredded coconut
1/2 C dried fruit (currants, raisins, cranberries, peaches, apricots, whatever)
2 tsp ground cinnamnon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 medium granny smitth apple,m shredded

In a separate bowl (or one quart measuring cup), mix wet ingredients until frothy:
1 C cold water
3/4 C canola oil
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

slowly add wet to dry, and beat on medium speed for a good 4 minutes. 

Pour into bundt pan.

Bake for 45 minutes (more or less), check with toothpick.

Allow to cool 15 minutes before turning it out onto a platter.  Then, I found it slices better if it is allowed to cool completely (1 hour). 

Drizzle with powdered sugar icing, if desired. 

Serves 12


I just tried it.  FABULOUS!!!  The dried fruit I used was currants.  And no icing.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment